Thupka ~ Noodles Soup of Arunachal Pradesh
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Adapted from here
1 tbsp oil or butter
1 tsp garlic, minced
½ tsp minced green chills
¾ cup onion, chopped
½ cup cabbage, chopped
¼ cup carrot, diced
½ cup chopped spinach
½ cup tomato chopped
½ tsp red chili powder or to taste
½ tsp coriander powder
½ tsp garam masala
¼ tsp chaat masala or taste( optional, but I added it to soup and it was so good)
4 cups vegetable stock or water
4 oz. noodles of your choice, chopped into 2-3" lengths
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook noodles as per package instructions. pour the cooked noodles in colander and drain the water.
2. Transfer the drained noodles to another bowl and add few drops of oil and stir gently to coat the noodles to avoid sticking together.
3. Heat oil or butter in pan and saute green chilies and garlic.
4. Then add onions, saute for 1 ~ 2 minutes or until slightly translucent.
5. Throw in cabbage and carrot. saute for a minute. Then add tomatoes and stir once.
6. Add the spices and cook for few minutes. Finally add chopped spinach, cilantro.
7. Stir and cook for another a minutes. Pour in vegetable stock and the bring to boil. Lower heat and continue to cook for another 15-20 minutes until soup thicken lightly. Adjust spice and salt to taste.
8. You may add noodles and cook for 5 more minutes or serve separately with the soup as I did. Garnish with cilantro. www.sarasyummybites.com