This is another simple recipe from Tarladalal cook book, Which is very tasty and healthy with few ingredients. Goes well with any kind of spicy gravy or raitha. Sharing this recipe for Blogging Marathon 38 under the theme "Rice Dishes". Do check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 38.
Adapted from Tarladalal cookbook
1. Wash and soak the rice in enough water for atleast 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
Simple Masala PulaoPreparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 ~ 20 minutes
1 cup long grained rice / Basmati rice
½ cup peeled potato cubes
½ cup green peas
½ peeled carrot cubes
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp chilli powder or taste
¼ tsp garam masala
salt to taste
3 tbsp ghee
2 cloves / laving
½ inch cinnamon
½ tsp cumin seeds / jeera
¼ tsp asafetida /hing
1. Wash and soak the rice in enough water for at least 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2. Heat ghee in deep pan, add the seasoning ingredients except asafetida. Allow them to crackle
3. Add potatoes, green peas, carrots and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala and rice, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 5 minutes.
5. Add 21/4 cups of hot water and salt and mix well. Cover with a lid and lower the heat and cook it for 10 minutes or till the rice is cooked.www.sarasyummybites.com Adapted from Tarladalal