8. Add 2 ~ 4 tbsp of cooked rice to the same pan/ kadai with leftover masala, Mix rice with masala and enjoy.
Chicken Liver MasalaPreparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: less than 30 minutes
1 lb / 450 grams chicken lever
2 ~ 3 big onions, chopped ( for more thokku / curry increase onion to 3)
1 big tomato, chopped
2 tsp crushed ginger and garlic
½ tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp ~ 3 tbsp curry powder / kuzhambu milagai thool or to taste
Salt to taste
Water as needed
½ ~ ¾ tsp garam masala
2 tsp ~ 3 tsp freshly crushed whole black pepper
Cilantro for garnishing
3 ~ 4 tbsp oil
¾ tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
2 ~ 3 string curry leaves
1. Wash chicken liver for 3 times and drain the water gently, cut each pieces into 2. ( this would be trick part but everything have to be done very gently).
2. In a kadai, heat oil in a medium heat and add mustard seeds, allow it to splutter, then add fennel seeds and curry leaves followed by chopped onions.
3. When onion become soft and transparent, add crushed ginger and garlic and fry for a minute.
4. Lower the heat and add liver pieces and gently stir it to avoid sticking to the pan. Cook it for a minutes and then add tomatoes and saute for few seconds (don't fry chopped tomatoes too soft and mushy).
5. Add turmeric powder, curry powder and salt. Mix and cook for 5 ~ 7 minutes in medium low heat. Drizzle or add water as needed. ( I added less than ½ cup of water). Adjust salt and spice to taste.
6. Cook until oil separates from the mixture. Stir in between or continue to cook to required consistency.
7. Finally, add garam masala and mix. Then add crushed pepper and chopped cilantro. Mix and turn of the heat. Transfer the mixture to serving bowl leaving little masala on the pan for kadai sadam. Serve with sambar rice, rasam rice.
For Kadai Sadam:
8. Add 2 ~ 4 tbsp of cooked rice to the same pan/ kadai with leftover masala, Mix rice with masala and enjoy.www.sarasyummybites.com