This is one of the cake I baked and decorated for my friend on her special occasion who is pure vegetarian, so opt to egg less version. It has moist and fluffy texture and it doesn't take much of effort and time to make this cake and best option for eggless cake.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 45 minutes ~ 60 minutes
Adapted from My Diverse Kitchen
Yield: 2 - 9" cake pan
3 cups all Purpose flour
1 ½ cups Vanilla custard powder or cornflour
2 ¼ tsp baking powder
1 ½ cup sugar
1 ½ cup sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract ( Avoid this if you are using custard powder)
1 cup + 4 tbsp butter @ room temperature
2 cup milk
¼ tsp salt
1. Grease and line two 9 inch pan. Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl using wooden spoon.
2. Beat milk and butter using spoon until mixture become pale and creamy. Stir in vanilla extract and mix again for 30 seconds.
3. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix until everything combine together.
4. Pour the batter into a greased cake pan and bake at 180C / 350F for about 45 minutes
- 60 minutes or till the cake is done and a skewer poked into the cake comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
For Pineapple filling:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12 ~ 15 minutes
Yield: 2 ~ 2 ½ cups
Adapted from here
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp cornstarch
½ ~ 1 cup sugar to taste
1 tbsp sugar
1-20 oz cans crushed pineapple with juice.
3 tbsp butter
1. In heavy saucepan combine cornstarch, all of the sugar and salt.
2. Add pineapple with juice and mix well.
3. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a bubbling boil, stirring constantly.
4. Once mixture comes to a boil continue stirring constantly for approximately 5 minutes, or until thickened and its looses it's "milky" look.
5. Remove from heat and add butter, stirring to melt. Let cool then store in refrigerator.
For Whipping Cream
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Got this recipe from my Wilton Instructor
1 ½ cups heavy or whipping cream
3 tbsp granulated sugar
¾ tsp vanilla extract
1. Chill bowl and whisk in the refrigerator for minimum 15 minutes. Beat cream sugar and vanilla using chilled bowl until stiff peaks forms. Now its ready to frosting.
Layering the cake
1. Fill the whip cream frosting in the piping bag. Create a outline over the top of one cake with the frosting. Then fill the pineapple sauce, inside the piped frosting. This piped frosting will help preventing the filling oozing out from the cake.
2. Place the second layer on the filled cake and frost the side of the cakes and decorate as your wish.
This recipe goes to Blogging Marathon 32 ~ ABC series under V- Baking theme.
Let's check the blogging marathon page here
Logo courtesy : Preeti