I am looking for an easy and simple biscuit recipe and came across this quick recipe from Kirbiecraving.com. You wont believe this recipe has only 3 ingredients and with in 30 minutes you will get soft fluffy biscuits straight from the oven..They were very crispy outside and soft inside..and I must say it is fat free recipe too, since it doesn't contain any fat added to it and hence you will be missing super soft texture which we get in traditional biscuits but its is quick fix on the go.. Sharing this recipe for Blogging Marathon 32 ~ ABC series under T..
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutess
Yield: 12 biscuits
Adapted from here
3 cups self-rising flour
2 teaspoons salt
2 ½ cups fat free greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the flour and salt together in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour and pour the yogurt into the center, and using wooden spoon, mix the flour into the yogurt until dough forms.
3. Dust your work surface with a little flour, turn the dough out, sprinkle with a little flour and roll out dough to about 1 to 1 ½-inches thick.
4. Use a 2-inch biscuit cutter and cut out as many biscuits as you can from the dough. Re-roll the dough and cut out more biscuits. Repeat this until you have used all of the dough.
5. Place the biscuits close together in the prepared pans. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve while warm.
Suggestion: If you don't have self rising flour, sift 3 cups all purpose + 4 tsp baking powder + 1 tsp salt Don't over bake these biscuits, else it will turn hard..
Let's check the blogging marathon page here
Logo courtesy : Preeti