Preparation time: 10 ~ 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 25 ~ 35 depends on size and shape.
Source: Mega TV Cookery show
1 cup semolina / Rava
1 cup all purpose flour ( I used mulit grain atta)
2 cups fine sugar
1 cup ghee / clarified butter
½ cup cold milk
A pinch of salt
A pinch of cardamom or 1 tsp of vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Line the cookie tray with parchment paper.
2. Sift semolina, all purpose flour, salt. Powder sugar in mixer, if you don't have super fine sugar.
3. Melt ghee and bring to room temperature. To this add cold milk and powdered sugar. Mix well.
4. Add this to sifted flour mixture and combine in to form a dough.
5. Take a small of amount dough and roll it into ball between your hands ( I rolled the dough in to quite big balls and baked extra for 5 minutes). Gently press, to flatten it.
6. Arrange it on the lined tray. Do the same with rest of the dough.
7. Bake the rolled cookies for about 15-20 minutes, till golden color. ( Don't bake it for long time, cookies will turn hard. If you are using all purpose flour then, cookie will appear white and bottom will turn to brown color ).
This recipe goes to Blogging Marathon 32 ~ ABC series under S for Semolina Cookies - Baking theme. Check want other Blogging Marathoners doing for "S".