If you are looking for fresh hot donuts which can be prepared in 15 minutes, then this the recipe you have to go. I bet, this recipe wont take much of your time but will give a winning result. The texture is light crisp when you bite into them and not heavy or cakey.
These goodies are best served warm and doesn't be good as a regular donuts, when they served chill. I must thanks Jaclyn of cooking classy for sharing this wonderful recipe..
These bite sized donuts are very famous in Seattle as a street food. If you are planning to Seattle don't miss the opportunity to taste this yummlicious mini treat from Street Donuts.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 30 mini donuts as shown in picture or it may vary depends on the size.
Adapted from here
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup milk
¼ cup buttermilk
¼ cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp melted butter
2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
Granulated sugar, cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar, for coating
1. Preheat oil over medium heat in a 10 inch non-stick fry-pan.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a another mixing bowl, whisk together milk, buttermilk, sugar and melted butter. Using a fork stir in dry ingredients and mix just until combine. Do not knead . Divide the dough into equal portion balls.
4. Once the oil is medium hot, roll the balls once again using your hands ( this will help the donuts to retain the shape while frying) and drop it into the oil gently.
5. Fry the donuts until golden brown on bottom then flip and cook reverse side until golden brown.
6. Carefully remove and drain onto a paper towel. Roll in sugar. Repeat this process with remaining dough.
7. Serve these on the same day for best result.