This is the interesting recipe which I came across on the web recently. This one of the Authentic dish from Orissa region of India and made during special occasions. It is prepared by grinding moong dhal into coarse paste and cooked in sugar syrup with coconut and cardamon, then fried in oil. It will brown quickly in oil, so keep an eye while frying. Serve this sweet at room temperature. Tasted good and soft on second day then first day. Sharing this recipe for Blogging Marathon 32- ABC series.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Soaking time: 3 hours
Cooking time: 25 ~ 30 minutes
Frying time: 10 minutes
Adapted from here
½ cup moong dhal
¼ cup freshly shredded coconut
½ cup sugar or to taste
1 cup water
¼ tsp cardomom powder
A pinch of salt
1 tsp ghee
salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1) Soak the moong dal in a water for 3 hours. Drain the water and grind it in to coarse paste.
2) Add 2 cups of water and sugar. Bring to boil, Stir and continue to boil for 3 minutes in medium heat.
3) Throw in shredded coconut, cardamom powder, sliced almonds, pinch of salt to the sugar mixture. Mix and continue boiling for 5 ~ 10 minutes. Stir in between.
4) Add ground moong dhal paste and stir conitunesloy till it reaches the correct consistency as shown in picture.
5) Transfer it to the greased plate and spread the mixture evenly. Rest it for 20 ~ 30 minutes and cut it in to desired shape.
6) Heat oil in a pan or kadai and deep fry the pieces till golden brown color.
Let's check the blogging marathon page here