Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 8 ~ 12 nos depends upon, how much syrup you are using
Source: Drinks and Moctails by Sanjeev Kapoor
1 lb unripe green mango
3 ~ 4 sprigs fresh mint leaves
½ cup Cane sugar / powdered sugar or to taste ( I used cane sugar)
4 ~ 5 whole peppercorns, crushed
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
Rock salt to taste
Sugar to taste
Chilled Club Soda
1) Wash and cook mango in boiling water until it soften or done.
2) Allow it to cool, peel the mangoes and extract the pulp.
3) Reserve a few mint leaves for garnishing and puree the rest separately.
4) Cut the lemons into round slices.
5) Combine mango pulp, sugar, rock salt and two cups of water in a pan,
6) Cook over high heat for a minutes. Add crushed peppercorns, roasted cumin powder and pureed mint leaves. Stir and cook for 2 ~ 3 minutes.
7) Remove from the heat and strain the mixture through a sieve and cool it.
8) Pour some of the mango mixture into the glass. Top up with club soda.
9) Garnish with mint leaves and slice of lemon and serve chilled.