Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time 45 minutes ~ 60 minutes
Serves : 4
1 lb mutton chops
2 medium size onions, chopped
1 ~ 2 green chilies split into two
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 medium size tomato, chopped
¼ cup minced Cilantro
1 cup ~ ½ cup water or as needed
Salt to taste
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 ½ ~ 2 tsp red chill powder
1 ~ 1 ½ tsp coriander powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
2 tbsp chopped onions
2 ~ 3 tbsp coconut pieces
2 tbsp broken cashews
¾ tsp fennel seeds
½ tsp ~ 1 tsp whole pepper corns to taste.
3 tbsp oil
½ tsp fennel seeds
1 string curry leaves
- Wash mutton chops 3 ~ 4 times in plenty of water.
- Heat oil in a pressure pan, add seasoning ingredients one by one followed by chopped onions and saute till it become transparent and glossy.
- Add mutton chops and saute for 2 ~ 3 minutes and add ginger garlic paste. Stir in between to avoid sticking to the pan.
Throw in tomatoes, saute for few seconds and add all masala powder and fry for few seconds.
- Stir in water to the chops mixture and pressure cook the mixture to 4 to 6 whistle or till done.
- Turn off the heat and allow pressure to drop. Meanwhile ground the grinding ingredients into fine paste.
- Open the pressure pan lid and heat the mixture in medium heat in same pan or in a separate pan.
- When it starts to boil, add cilantro and ground paste and cook for 10 minutes or until mixture thickens to required consistency.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or roti.