This is the first challenge from "Home bakers Challenge" group started by PriyaSuresh of Priya's easy and tasty recipes.
This group is filled with full of fun, experiment in baking. Every month one person of the team will suggest a recipe and all the members have to bake the recipe and reveal it on the said date.
For this month, we have giving 3 pizza recipes and I have selected from Martha Stewart pizza recipe and made it into super thin crust pizza according to my family taste. Referred more than couple of sites for tomato sauce recipe and changed it into Indian taste.
Preparation time: 15 ~ 30 minutes.
Proofing time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 8 ~ 10 minutes.
Makes 2, 10 inch pizzas
For the Dough:
3 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ⅓ cups of Warm Water, 110 degrees
1 Envelope of Yeast.
For Tomato sauce: ( Sufficient for 2 pizzas)
2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
1-½ cups warm water
2 teaspoons minced garlic
¼ cup chopped onion powder
¼ teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
salt to taste
1 ½ cups vegetable of your chioce
2 tbsp olive oil
⅛ tsp salt
1/ 8 tsp pepper
2 cups mozzarella cheese
red chilli flakes as needed
To make the dough:
- Add the yeast to warm water and set it aside for about 3 minutes.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with a dough attachment, mix together the flour, salt, sugar and olive oil. Stir the yeast in the water to make sure its all dissolved and add it to the flour mixture.
- With the speed on medium, mix until everything is combined. Reduce the speed to low and mix for 10 minutes.
- Oil 2 bowls with olive oil and set aside. Divide the dough in two pieces and roll into a ball. Place each ball of dough into the oiled bowls, seam side down and brush the tops of the dough with a little oil to stop them from drying out. Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of each bowl and place the dough into a warm place. Inside a microwave or an oven (oven turned off) for 2 hours or till it double in bulk.
For Tomato sauce
- Pour olive oil into a large skillet and place it over a medium heat, add onion and minced garlic and saute till it become soft.
- Pour in tomato paste, and saute for a minute. add remaining ingredients and saute for few minute until oil ooze out from the tomato sauce. Adjust spice and salt to taste. Turn off the heat when sauce thicken to required consistency.
- Sauce should sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Slice vegetables into desired size and shape.
- In a small bowl, take veggies, oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix and rest it until use.
To make the pizza:
- preheat the oven to 475 degrees and place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat it for 30 minutes. (if you don’t have a pizza stone you can use a large baking sheet just place it in the oven upside down so there are no edges)
- Sprinkle some flour onto your counter, take 1 ball of dough and Work from the middle of the dough outwards, using the heel of your hand to gently press and stretch the dough until it's about ¼ of an inch thick or less. For an extra-thin crust, roll it with a rolling pin. If the dough starts to shrink back, let it rest for five minutes and then continue rolling to 10 inch circle.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of sauce into the center of the pizza and use the back of a spoon to spread it out to the edges. Pile on all of your toppings.
- Using a pizza peel or a baking sheet, slide your pizza onto the baking stone in the oven. If you don't have a baking stone, bake the pizza right on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 5 minutes and then rotate the pizza,Bake for another 3 to 5 minutes until the crust is golden-brown and the cheese looks toasty.
- Remove the pizza from oven and let it cool on a wire rack. Repeat with shaping, topping, and baking second pizza.
- Pre heat the oven for 500°F and let it heat for at least a half an hour before making the pizza. If you have a pizza stone, put it in the lower-middle part of the oven.
- After rising, you can use the dough or refrigerate it for up to three days.
Do check here, to join in our group..