Somosas are the addictive snacks for many of us and Can you imagine samosa in desserts???? Yeah I don't have any idea about the dessert samosa till I tasted this yummilicious dessert in one of the restaurant here in Irving, Texas. My family totally love it and we are frequent customer to that place for this dessert. So I decided to make it at home and it is run away hit in my family. Try this and sure you go crazy behind this tempting sweet. This goes to Blogging marathon # 28 under " samosa with different filling". Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 28
Preparation time: 30 ~ 45 minutes
Cooking time: 20 ~ 30 minutes
Serves: 10 samosas
Inspired from Samosa Hut & Grill
½ cup all purpose
2 tbsp ghee/ oil
½ tsp salt or to taste
Water as needed
3.5 oz white or dark chocolate bar of your choice ( I used Godiva white chocolate)
(Peanut butter can also be used in place of chocolate)
Oil for frying
Method: For Crust
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, salt, and oil. Mix well.
- Drizzle water to the flour and knead it into soft pliable dough.
- Cover the dough with wet cloth and rest it for 30 minutes.
Break the bar in to 10 pieces. Keep it aside.
- Knead the dough again for few seconds and make 2 batches of 3 balls each.
- Roll the balls in to 2 ~ 3" circle. Apply oil over the circle.
Sprinkle some flour over it, stack the remaining two, one ever the
other. Leaving the topping to the third circle.
- Roll the stacked circle into10 ~ 12" circle. Cut the edge to get a rectangle.
- Heat tawa and slightly toast the rectangle on both side without
browning. Cut this rectangle into two strips. Quickly peel off each
layer and spread under the plastic sheet or cling cover to avoid drying.
- Fold one corner of the strip in to triangle and keep folding into triangle over another.
- Before the last flap of folding, hold the triangle in between your thumb and point finger.
- Add 1 piece of chocolate bar in the cone, seal the edge with water flour paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan / kadhai and deep-fry the samosa on a slow flame till slightly changes the color.
- Serve with ice cream.
- Filling ingredients given above will yield 10 samosas.
- Use extra chocolate for remaining crust or you can freeze the dough for later use.
- Folding samosa need some practice. First try in paper before folding the strip..
- You can freeze the folded samosas in ziploc for a month.