of the most important staple crops in the human diet around the world. Though it is available throughout the year, the harvest time for potatoes are from June to August( for more information about seasonal veggies check here). This recipes is for Blogging marathon under the theme" seasonal", Do check Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 27
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 ~ 30 minutes
Serves: 2 ~ 3
4 medium size potato
½ cup onions
¼ cup tomato
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
¾ ~ 1 tsp curry powder or sambar powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Cilantro for garnish
2 tbsp oil
½ tsp mustard seeds
1 string curry leaves
- Wash and cube potatoes in to four. Cook it in boiling water with pinch of salt till it become soft.
- Strain the water and allow it to cool. Peel the skin and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds to splutter, then add curry leaves and onion. Saute til it become soft and transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell disappear. Throw in chopped tomatoes and cook til it become soft.
- Now add curry powder, turmeric powder, salt. Mix well and cook it in low heat for couple of minutes. If needed drizzle little water.
- Add cooked potatoes. Mix and cook it combine with masala, Continue cooking in low heat till it roasted well. Garnish with cilantro and serve as a side dish for hot steamed rice.