Preparation time: 30~ 35 minutes
Standing time: 7 hours ~ overnight (including crust standing time)
Yield: Makes 16 mini 2 inch cheesecakes or one 8 inch cheesecake
1 ½ cup crushed graham cracker
⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
⅓ tablespoon unsalted butter(melted)
2 ¼ cups heavy cream
1 pound cream cheese, softened
⅔ cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon vanilla powder
¾ cups pistachio ground into paste
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with sugar.
- Add melted butter and blend until combined.
- Press into pan. Set aside.
- Beat heavy cream until medium peaks form. Set aside.
- Add cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla powder, lemon juice to a bowl and beat with a paddle attachment until smooth approximately 3~5 minutes or in hand blender beat it for 8 ~ 10 minutes till it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add heavy cream to cheese cream mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Gently fold in ground pistachios.
- Fill the prepared pan with filling and refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set or overnight for best results.
- Remove from refrigerator and smooth top to level with edges.
- Serve with whipping cream and garnish as you wish.
Note: Grind pistachios into thick paste with little water. This cheesecake is soft and firm. You can add 1.5 tbsp agar agar to boiling water and rest it for 15 minutes to agar agar to dissolve, if not, boil water with agar agar till it dissolve and add it the cheese mixture before pouring it to the pan to get more firm.
This Recipe goes to