Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
4 tsp filter coffee powder (80% coffee, 20% chicory)
¾ cup/ 150 ml water
1 ½ cup milk
2 tsp sugar or as needed
- Wash and whip the coffee filter containers with clean cloth with out any trace of water.
- Fill top container with coffee powder and place the plunger / umbrella above the coffee powder(This will help the water to spread evenly) and fix it to bottom container.
- Meanwhile heat water and milk in separate pans.
- Pour the boiling water slowly on top of coffee powder in upper container till its full. Close the lid.
- Allow decoction to drip in lower container which will take 10 minutes.
- Mix both decoction and milk, equally hot, in the desired proportion,( ⅓ cup coffee decoction with ⅔ cup boiled milk). Add sugar to taste.
- Pour coffee back and forth between the dabarah and the tumbler in huge arc-like motions of the hand to make it frothy;
- Serve hot.
- Do not microwave the milk, it will not taste good.
- Add extra 50ml water to get medium strong decoction.
- Store prepared decoction with 1 tsp of sugar and refrigerate for later use.