Preparation time for syrup: 15 ~ 20 minutes
Preparation time for rose milk: 5 minutes
For Rose syrup:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 tbsp rose water
½ tsp rose essence
¼ tsp red food color
For the rose milk:
1 ~ 2 rose syrup
1 cup cold milk/half&half/ Cream(I prefer milk)
Sugar as needed
For rose syrup:
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan and heat it over medium heat until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Turn off the heat and bring the syrup to room temperature.
- Add remaining ingredients to the syrup and mix well. Store it in a air tight bottle in a fridge till needed.
- Combine syrup and milk together. Add sugar to taste and store it in fridge till needed. Serve chill.
- Do not add ice, it will dilute the drink and won't taste good.