Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 ~ 20 minutes
Serves: 4 ~ 5
1 tbsp ghee
¼ mustard seed
2 ~3 red chillies to taste
¼ tsp cumin seeds
10 nos curry leaves
- Wash toor dhal with enough water and pressure cook it with chopped onions, tomatoes, garlic, turmeric powder, chopped green chillies,hing and with enough water for 3 ~ 4 whistle at medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and wait to pressure drops.
- Remove the lid and mash the cooked dhal gently and add salt to taste. If needed, adjust water to required consistency and allow it to boil for few minutes.
- Heat ghee in kadai, add seasoning ingredients one by one as listed above after mustard seeds splutter.
- Add this seasoning to the dhal and garnish with cilantro. Serve hot with steamed rice.