Delicious nutty cookies that are rolled in powdered sugar are perfect for any special occasion. This melt in mouth cookies will sure devoured within seconds. Such a easy recipe with less ingredients will make feast in most parties. Just try it and you won't go for any other cookie recipe.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 ~ 25 minutes
Serves 25 ~ 35 depending on the cookies size
2 cups all purpose flour
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup/150g blanched almonds, lightly toasted or toasted pecans
1 cup/250g salted butter @ room temperature
½ cup/ 150g superfine sugar
1 cup/150g confectioners sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or with silicon mats.
- Chop the almonds in a food processor to make fine crumbs.
- Mix the flour, ground cinnamon and almond crumbs and keep it aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and creamy.
- When mixture on low speed, beat in the flour mixture.
- Shape the dough, into 25 balls. Place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing well.
- Gently press to flatten slightly.
- Bake the cookies for 20 ~ 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool on the sheets until cookies firm slightly.
- Transfer to cooling racks and cool it completely.
- Dust with the confectioners sugar just before serving..