This is my first challenge in Daring Bakers form Daring kitchen.com. The Daring Kitchen is the home of The Daring Bakers and The Daring
Cooks. The premise of both groups is to create one recipe each month,
given to us by a monthly host. We all create the same exact recipe and
then post about it on our personal blogs on a designated date. For this month it is HIDDEN VEGGIES in baking them into sweet treat..
Cooking time: 20 ~ 25 minutes
1 cup AP flour
1 cup sugar
⅛ tsp salt
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup pumpkin puree
6 Tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ tbsp vinegar
3 tbsp cream cheese
3 tbsp butter
1 cup powdered sugar
½ tbsp milk
½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8×8″ pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together pumpkin, oil and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add dry mixture to wet and mix until just moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely and top it with Cheese cream frosting.
- Beat butter and cream cheese together in a mixing bowl..
- Add vanilla, milk, and powdered sugar, and beat until smooth.
- Spread frosting over cooled bars and serve.