Total time: 25 ~ 30 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 nos
1 medium size onions, chopped
3 Garlic pods
2 cups chopped pumpkins or 2 cups pumkin puree
3 tbsp moong dhal (optional)
1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
1 tsp coriander powder
A pinch turmeric powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
salt to taste
2 ~ 3 cups vegetable broth or water
¼ cup heavy cream
1 tbsp cooking oil
½ tsp cumin seeds
- Cook dal in separate bowl .
- Heat oil in a sauce pan, add cumin seeds, allow it splutter then add onion and garlic pods. Saute until it become soft.
- Throw in chopped pumpkin and cook it for 5 minutes. Stir in between.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well and add water.
- Adjust salt and spice. cook it for 10 minutes or until done. Puree it with hand blender or with other device.
- Transfer it to same pan and add heavy cream and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer it to serving bowl and serve hot. If needed add pepper to taste.