Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 bunch / 1lb fenugreek/Methi – 1 bunch / 1 lb
1 cup channa (optional)
1 medium size onion, sliced thinly
1 medium size tomato, chopped
2 ~ 3 green Chillies or to taste, finely chopped
½ tsp turmeric Powder
1 tsp red Chili Powder or to taste
1 tsp Coriander Powder
4 cups water
Salt to taste
2 ~ 3 tbsp oil
½ tsp fennel seeds
- Wash and soak rice with sufficient water for 15 ~ 20 minutes.
- Chop the roots and the thick stems off the bunch of Fenugreek Leaves. Wash well and finely chop fenugreek leaves.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp of Salt on the leaves, mix and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Chop onion and tomatoes and keep it aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan on medium heat. Once the Oil is hot, add in the Cumin Seeds and allow them to change color.
- Add Onions and Green Chillies and saute till onion become transparent.
- Add turmeric Powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. mix and cook it for a minutes.
- Then add curd and mix well without curdling it. Add tomatoes and fry well.
- When oil separates from the mixture, add channa and mix well with the masala mixture.
- Squeeze out the water from the Fenugreek Leaves and put them in the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- 11. Drain the water from the Rice and add the Rice to the Methi Leaves mixture. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the Water and mix well. Adjust Salt to taste.
- When the mixture boils vigorously, Mix and lower the heat to minimum. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, open cover, turn off the heat, mix gently.
- Cover and allow the Rice to rest for a couple of minutes before serving. Serve hot with Raita and pickle.
This recipe goes to Blogging Marathon #25 happening @ Valli space under "Cooking with Alphabets - A,L,F "theme. . Do check here to know what other are done for this week blogging marathon..