Day 3 of blogging marathon have been successfully completed for this week and according to the theme, I am posting this recipe from cookbook- Baking, written by Carla Bardi.
Total time: 30 ~ 35 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15~20 minutes
Makes 32 wedges.
Adapted from Baking by Carla Bardi
2 cups all purpose flour / Maida
½ cup icing sugar
2 tbsps cornflour
2 cups of dark choco chips
1 cup salted butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat the ovn to 325 degree F/ 170 degree C. Butter two 8-inch spring-form pans.
- Mix the flour, icing sugar and corn flour in a mixing bowl.
- Use a pastry blender to cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in th choco chips.
- Firmly press the mixture into the prepared pans to form smooth even layers.
- Bake until golden, 15 ~ 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes in the pans.
- Loosen and remove the springform sides. Let cool completely.
- Cut each round into sixteen wedges.
Note: Regular sugar can also be used and it take extra 10 ~ 15 minutes for baking. Normal round pan can also be used.