Total time: 25 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 20 cookies
Source: Food Network
1 puff pastry sheets, I used Pepperidge Farm
1 cups of sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon powder (optional)
⅛ tsp of salt
- Thaw the pastry sheets according to the package instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree F. Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt together in a bowl.
- Prepare the workspace with 15 inch parchment paper.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface and roll the sheet in to 8x12 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle about ½ cup of sugar over the top of the rolled sheet.
- Using rolling pin, roll the sugar into the pastry sheet.
- Flip the sheet to other side and do the same on the new side with about ¼ cup sugar.
- Fold both longest sides of the sheet inwards by about 1 inch flatten with the rolling pin.
- Again fold the sides once more and sprinkle sugar and roll.
- Fold the pastry completely and roll finally.
- Cut the folded pastry into 20 thin strips and place them on the lined tray with space in between.
- Place the tray in the center of the oven and bake it for 5 minutes one side and 5 minutes other side or till it turn golden color. Transfer immediately to the cooling rack and serve.