Merry Christmas to you all. These cupcakes are fresh from my oven few hours ago hence it took some time for me to post this recipes.. This is one of the regular cupcake I use to make very often for my kids, this time I made it special with Christmas theme. Hope you all will enjoy.
Total time: 25 ~ 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 15 ~ 20 minutes
Frosting time : Depends on your choice.
Serve : 12 cup cakes
Source: Dessert, Cookies and cupcake
¾ cup of all purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
8 tbsp soften butter
2 tbsp milk @ room temp
Finely grated rind of ½ lemon
For Frosting: ( Double or triple the frosting ingredients to your choice)
8 tbsp unsalted butter softened
1 ½ cup confectioners sugar, plus for dusting.
1 tbsp Lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Line 12 muffin pan with paper liners.
- Sift dry ingredients in to a large bowl.
- In a mixing bowl add butter and sugar. Mix until smooth using spatula or set stand mixer to low setting and mix it until smooth.
- Add remaining wet ingredients to the butter mixture and mix gently or beat the mixture in low setting of stand mixer.
- Add dry ingredients to the mixture and mix at low setting for 30 sec. Stop and scrap the sides of the bowl.
- Beat together until smooth in setting 2 for 30 sec in stand mixer or using spatula.
- Spoon the batter in to paper liners.
- Bake the cupcakes to the pre heated oven for 15 ~ 20 minutes or until well risen and golden brown.
- Transfer to cool rack and allow it to cool completely before frosting.
To make the frosting:
- Put the butter in a bowl and beat until fluffy. Sift in the confectioners sugar, add lemon juice and beat together until smooth and creamy.
- When cupcake are cold, apply or pipe frosting over it of your choice of colors and design.