Total Time: 40 ~ 50 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30~40 minutes
1 lb/500gm tender bindi/ okra / ladies finger
3 tbsp Shredded fresh coconut
3 tbsp gram flour
2 tsp red chili powder or to taste
1 tbsp coriander powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
½ tsp amchur powder or to taste
½ tsp garam masala powder
Salt to taste
2 tbsp Oil or required amount
½ tsp mustard seeds
A pinch of hing/ asafoetida
Required curry leaves
- Wash and dry the okras with a clean cloth. Trim both the ends and slit them vertically.
- Mix remaining ingredients in bowl to a thick paste.
- Adjust salt and spice to taste.
- Stuff okra with prepared mixture and rest it for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds to splutter. Add hing and curry leaves to the oil.
- Arrange the okra to the pan i.e. stuffed side placing the pan.
- Cover the pan and cook for 10 ~ 15 minutes in medium - low heat.
- Drizzle oil and turn it gently, cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Open the pan and cook in low heat till it become crispy. Turn gently in between.
- Serve hot with Rice or roti.