Very few savory dishes comes out from my kitchen without onions.. and this pulao is one among them..Restriction in Jain cuisine doesn't seem so bad for my family and for me to try it ones and while...Yeah this is very easy, quick, simple pulao.. where kidoos too love this rice.. Very mild and flavorful one pot meal, goes well with dal tadka..Try and enjoy..
Total time: Under 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 ~5
2 cups basmathi or long grain rice
2 cups paneer cubes
1 ½ cups finely chopped bell pepper/ capsicum
3 medium size tomatoes, finely chopped
Cilantro for garnish
31/2 cups of water
Salt to taste
7~ 8 green chillies or to taste
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp ghee
2 green cardamom
2 inch cinnamon
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 bay leaves
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes and drain completely.
- Mean time chop the veggies and grind the grinding ingredients into fine paste.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, fry the drained rice in low heat for 3 minutes or till grainy and transfer to other bowl.
- In the same pan, add paneer cubes and fry for 2 ~ 3 minutes and transfer to another bowl or plate.
- Heat remaining oil and ghee in the same pan, add seasoning ingredients one by one.
- Saute for few seconds and add ground ingredients and stir for few seconds or till raw smell disappear.
- To this add chopped tomatoes and saute till oil separates from the mixture.
- Throw in chopped bell pepper and saute for a minute.
- Add 3 ½ cup of water and salt. Allow it to boil.
- When water boils vigorously, add rice and paneer cubes and mix well. Adjust salt to taste.
- When mixture starts to boil, cover the pan with the lid and lower the heat to minimum.
- Cook it for 10 minutes and turn off the heat. Rest it for 5 minutes, then open the pan and mix gently.
- Serve with Spicy gravy.