We already heard endless talk about nutritious benefits of vegetable and fruits peels but we are not using it properly. This discard portion is fully loaded with regenerating diseases fighter and pickles / Thogayal are the best way to include it in our diet. Peels from vegetable like potatoes, Carrots, Chayote / chow chow, Raw banana, broccoli stalk etc can be used for this thogayal..Best with roti and rasam rice and can also be used as bread spread...
Total time: 10 minutes
Preparation time: less then 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
1tbsp finely minced ginger
- Wash and wipe the ridge gourd. Trim the edges and peel the skin and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add urad dal and fry till it change to golden brown colour. Remove and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add green chili, red chillies, hing, ginger and fry for a minutes then add coconut pieces and saute for a minute, remove and keep it aside.
- Now add the peels and tamarind. Saute till it slightly change its colour and turn off the heat. Allow it to cool.
- Grind all the saute ingredients with salt and required water to fine paste.
- Add tadka if needed...