If you are a frequent visitor of my blog, you knew that we went for blueberry picking and end up with a basketful of blueberry..I surfed on the net for some egg less blueberry recipe and got hooked with this recipe and tried immediately. It turn out perfect and we all enjoyed it.. You know the bread was very fruity and soft...Its took 40 minutes for me to bake it completely.. Thanks DK for this wonderful recipe..
Prep Time: Under 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Serves: 5 people
Yield: Makes 1-½lb. bread loaf pan 10"x 5"
Sources: adapted from Chefinyou
1 -½ cups of ripe bananas, mashed ( 4 big bananas)
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¼ cup oil
¼ cup butter @ room temperature
1 cup of any type of sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line up 10"x5" bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Wash and dry fresh blueberries. Dust it with little flour and keep it aside.
- Sift dry ingredients together and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using electric mixer or by hand, beat butter, oil, and sugar together.
- Add mashed banana, vanilla extract and beat the mixture to combine well.
- Add sifted flour and beat for another minute or mix it with spatula, just until batter is smooth and creamy.
- Fold in fresh blueberries gently to the batter. Dusting blueberries will helps them for not sinking to the bottom of the bread.
- Pour in to greased pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees or a toothpick comes out clean when poked into
- centre of the cake.
- Cool it for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks.
- Cool it completely before slicing it.