Happy Independence day wishes to all my friends! Today I want to post this particular recipe mainly due to its colour which is perfect way to celebrate the eve. Measurements given below serves 10 ~ 12 dosa according to thickness and you can increase the measurements as per your need.
Total time: 7 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes for each dosa
Serves: 10 ~ 12 dosa
1 ½ cups fermented dosa batter
1 small carrot
Handful of spinach
Salt to taste
Water as required
- Take equal three portions of batter in separate three bowls (i.e) half cup of batter in three bowls for given measurement.
- Grind spinach in to fine paste and add it to one portion of batter.
- Chop carrot, grind it into fine paste add it to another portion of batter.
- Adjust salt and water as needed.
- Heat Tawa in low heat and grease it with little oil.
- Pour 2 tbsp of carrot batter in center of the tawa.
- Then pour 2 tbsp of plain dosa batter in centre of carrot batter.
- Again pour 2 tbsp of spinach dosa batter in centre of plain dosa batter.
- Gently spread the batter with the back of spoon from centre and spiraling outside according to required thickness.
- Sprinkle little oil around the edges of the dosa and cook it for a minute or till golden spot appears.
- Flip the dosa and cook it for a minute.
- Fold it in to half and serve with sambar or any chutney.
This recipe goes to Celebrating Independence day Event happening @ Sharan's Samayalarai