Total time: 2 hours 50 minutes
Resting time: 2 hours ~ overnight
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 ~ 40 minutes
Serves: 30 balls for above size
1 cup raw rice
¾ ~ 1 cup jaggery
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp shredded coconut
1 tsp ghee
¾ ~ 1 cup water
½ tsp cardamom powder
- Wash and soak rice for ½ hour. Drain and spread it on a cloth to dry.for 15 ~ 20 minutes.
- Rice should be moist but not wet after drying.
- Grind it in a mixer grinder into fine powder. Sieve the flour & discard the coarse particle.
- Fry the flour in a dry pan till nice aroma comes.
- Fry urad dal in a dry pan till golden brown color.
- Powder it in a mixer grinder into fine. Sieve it and discard the coarse particle.
- Soak jaggery in 1 cup of water. When it dissolve fully strain it through strainer.
- Heat jaggery water in heavy bottom pan, Allow it to boil for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Add rice flour and urad dhal powder together to the syrup. Mix well.
- Add cardamom powder, sesame seeds, shredded coconut and 1 tsp of ghee. Mix well and allow it to cool completely or leave it over night.
- Preheat the oven for 160 C/320F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or with foil.
- Knead the dough once again, roll it gently to a marble size ball.
- Place it in a baking tray. Back it for 25 ~ 40 minutes at 350F.
- Cool it completely before store it in airtight container..
Note: You can follow this ingredient and deep fry seedais. Water is taken according to 1:1 ratio of jaggery.