Today I am going to share this easy and quick recipe.. Peas pulao..Its a blend of flavoured rice and peas and sure it will be a delightful treat to every one..
Total time: 25 ~ 30 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 cup basmathi rice or long grain rice
1 cup green peas
2 cups of Water
1 tbsp Curd
2 medium size onion, sliced thinly
2 cups of water or as required
Salt to taste
¼ cup pearl/small onion
3~4 green chilies
6 garlic cloves
½ cup chopped cilantro
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
1 Bay leaves
8 ~ 10 broken cashews (optional)
2 cloves, cinnamon and cardamom each
- Wash and soak the rice for 15-20 minutes. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile slice the onion thinly and grind the grinding ingredients coarsely and keep it aside.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pressure pan till hot.
- Add the spices and fry for few seconds.
- Add sliced onions and fry till they turn transparent and soft.
- Then add the crushed mixture and fry till raw smell disappear.
- Next add peas and fry for 3 minutes.
- At this stage add curd and saute for a 30 seconds and then add rice. Fry till colour changes.
- Add water and salt. When mixture starts boiling, close the cooker and keep the weight.
- Low the heat and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and open the pan after 5 minutes.
- Mix gently and serve with any spicy gravy or raitha.
Note: I used fresh peas for this recipe. If you want to use dry peas then soak it for 6 ~ 8 hours and pressure cook it for 1 whistle. Drain and add the pea as in recipe. Drained water can also be added instead of regular water in recipe.