Carrot and Beans stir fry is one of the easiest stir fry which can be made in very less time without sacrifying its nutritious value. This stir fry is one of my favorites. It goes well with sambar, Karakuzhambu rice..
- Wash both veggies and remove the strings from both sides of the bean.
- Trim the ends of the carrots and peel the skin if desired.
- Chop both carrot and beans in to small pieces.
- Slit green chillies in to half, lengthwise.
Cooking method 1:
- Heat oil in a wide pan add mustard seeds, let it sputters then add urad dhal and fry for few seconds or till it turns to golden brown colour.
- Add red chili and curry leaves.
- After a second add chopped carrot, beans, green chilies and fry for a minute.
- Add a required amount of water and salt. cook it in medium heat for 8~9 minutes or till it become soft with out covering the pan.
- Stir in between. Make sure there is no water in the stir fry when it’s done.
- Finally add shredded coconut. Mix it and remove from heat.
- Serve with any kind of rice.
Cooking method 2:
- Cook chopped carrot, beans and green chillies with salt and required amount of water in medium heat for 8 minutes or until it become soft with out covering the pan.
- Stir in between, When water dries out add shredded coconut and mix well and turn off the heat.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, let it splutter, add urad dhal, red chili and curry leaves. When urad dhal changes to golden brown color.
- Turn off the heat and add it to the cooked carrot beans stir fry.
Note: Adjust spice level according to carrot and coconut sweetness.
Do not cover the pan to retain the colors of the veggie. Cooking time may vary according to size of the chopped vegetable.