After lots of hungama, I am finally into my world to continue my work without disappointing my dear readers and friends. For now I am going to share this simple and healthy recipes to you all. let check it out friends......
Eggplant - 5 ~7 (cut into four with stem part)
Cow gram/Karamani - ½ cup
Onion - ¼ cup, Finally chopped
Tomato - 2tbsp, finally chopped
Garlic - 3 cloves, crushed
Turmeric powder - A pinch
Kuzhambu milagai thool / Chilli powder - 1 ½ tsp or to taste
Water - As required (optional)
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2tbsp
Mustard seeds - ¼tsp
Fenugreek seeds - ½ tsp
Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
Asafoetida / Hing - ¼tsp
Curry leaves - As required
Minced Cilantro - As required for garnishing
- Soak Cow gram/ Karamani overnight and pressure cook with 1 cup of water and little salt for 4 whistle's.
- Once pressure releases open the cooker and drain the water. Keep both karamai & water separately.
- Heat Oil in a Kadai or Pan. Add mustard, let it splutters. then add remaining Seasoning ingredients as listed, saute them.
- Add chopped onions and saute it. When Onion turns transparent, add crushed garlic and saute for an minute.
- Add eggplant , Saute till it turns soft and glossy in low heat.
- Add tomato, Saute an minute, To this add turmeric powder, chili powder and salt. Mix well
- Add required amount of drained karamani water and cook it in low heat.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- when water evaporates o oil separates from the curry, turn off the heat and garnish with cilantro.
- Taste great with sambar rice, curd rice...