After reaching chennai, I am quite busy in settling down and I am not very frequent to my blogging world and missed lot of yummy recipes from all of my friends space. But Blog hop wednesday started by Radhika of Tickling palates make me little bit active in my small world. Will be back with lots of delicious recipe once I settle down.
This time I am paring with Vidhya of Sugar' N spice, She has lovely blog with lots of delicious recipe..Due to my time concern I have choosen vermicelli/Semiya payasam from her space. I have made this payasam in my way avoiding condensed milk.... For original recipe, do visit her blog. Here we go for the Recipe....
Vermicelli/Semiya - ¾ cup
Sugar - 1 cup or to taste
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Cashewnuts or any nuts - as required
Raisins - as required
Cardamom powder - ½ tsp
Fry vermicilli/semiya in 1tbsp of ghee to slight golden brown colour and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add remaining ghee and fry cashewnuts pieces to golden colour and raisins turns to little balls.
- Heat milk in a heavy bottom wide pan or kadai in medium heat.
- Once milk starts to boil, lower the heat and allow it to boil for another 10 minutes.
- Add fried semiya to the boiling milk and cook it for another 5 minutes. Mix in between.
- Add Sugar and mix well. Boil it for another 2 ~3 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder, cashewnuts and raisins.
- Serve Hot or Chill.
Note: After cooling, payasam will get thick. You can add required amount of boiled milk or hot water to get required consistency. Add pinch of salt.
Serve hot or chill.
Sending this to Blog hop Wednesday..