Blog Hop Wednesday started by Radhika of Tickling palates is successfully completing its 3rd months and I am proud to be part of it. This week I am paired with Priyavassu of Enveetu kitchen. She is an enthusiastic blogger who has lots of healthy recipes..I was impressed with this dry fruit kheer from her kitchen which has more nutritious value and health benefit.. Good for all especially children and pregnant women. This kheer have unique taste and flavour.. Taste great when it is chill. Ideal for viratham days..
Full or reduced Fat Milk - 1 litre / 4 cups + quarter cup
Pitted dates - 25nos
Warm milk for Soaking dates - ¼ Cup
Almonds - ¼ Cup
Walnuts - ¼ Cup
Sugar - ¾ Cup or to taste
Chopped almonds & Pistachicos - 3 tbsp or as needed
few strands of saffron, crushed (optional)
- Soak the dates in Warm Milk for 1 hour.
- Soak whole almonds and walnuts in warm water for 30 minutes and blanch almonds.
- Grind the dates, almonds and walnuts in a mixer grinder to a fine paste.
- Boil Milk, in a heavy bottom pan. Reduce the heat and add the ground paste, Sugar, Saffron one by one and mix well.
- Let it Cook in Low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat then add chopped almonds and Pista. Serve Chill.
Sending this to blog hop wednesday