For Jamuns balls:
Milk powder - 11/2 cups
All purpose flower - ⅓ cup
Sooji/ Rawa - 2 tsp
Baking Soda - ⅛ tsp
Butter - 1tbsp @ room temp
Milk - ½ cup @ room temp
Oil - For deep frying
For sugar syrup:
Sugar - 2 cups
water - 1 ½ cups
Cardamom powder - ¼tsp
- Soak Rawa for a minute in little water and drain it.
- Mix milkpowder, all purpose flour, baking soda together in a bowl.
- Add butter to the flour and gently mix with the flour.
- Now add drained sooji and mix it well.
- Add milk little by little to the flour and mix gently to form a soft dough. Dough will be sticky.
- Rest the dough for 5 minutes. Meanwhile heat water and sugar in a wide pan at medium heat.
- Keep stirring until sugar disslove. Boil it in medium heat in for 5 minutes or til you get sticky texture of the sugar syrup. Turn off the heat.
- Divide the dough into equal size portion balls. Meanwhile heat oil in a pan in low heat.
- Fry the balls to golden brown color and soak the balls in sugar syrup for 2-3 hrs and serve chill.
Sending this to Blog hop Wednesday..