I have made this recipe for a contest held in WWW.INDUSLADIES.COM for this month showcasing the culinarian day special with theme " International cuisine with a Desi touch" where they categorized in to four.
I have choosen the pasta category from list having an idea to post pasta Kheer/ payasam. When I am about to cook, suddenly stuck with an idea. Why can't we make vada using pasta?? This thought drag me to give this innovative successful recipes which turned out to a big hit in my family..Give a try & let me know your comments.
Uncooked pasta - ½ cup
Basen / Chic pea flour - ⅓ cup
Rice flour - ⅓ cup
Onion - ½ (chopped)
Green chili - 1 (chopped)
Ginger garlic paste - ½ tsp each
Fennel seeds powder - 1 tsp
Red chili powder - ½ tsp or to taste
Coriander leaves/ Cilantro - as required
Curry leaves - 1 string or as required
Oil - 1tsp + For frying.
Salt - To taste.
- Cook pasta in required amount of water with few drops of oil and a pinch of salt or cook according to package directions.Once pasta is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a mixing bowl add cooked pasta, chopped onions, chopped green chilies, Minced cilantro, besan flour, rice flour, red chili powder, fennel seed powder, Ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp of oil and salt together.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Heat Oil in a pan in a medium heat, divide the dough into small equal portions.
- Shape them into ¼ inch thick discs.
- Drop them into oil, deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with cup of coffee.
Note: Always use mini pasta for this recipe( I used macaroni flower pasta). Mix all the ingredients, if it is not sticky, drizzle some water.
If dough is more sticky add extra flour.
This vadai is similar to masala vadai very tasty and crispy and consume less oil.