Cauliflower - 1 medium( cut into small florets)
Onions - 1 small, chopped
Green chilies - 1 or to taste
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - ⅛ tsp
Pepper powder - 1 tbsp or to taste
Salt - To taste
Cilantro - As required for garnishing.
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
Cumin seeds - ⅛ tsp
Fennel seeds - ⅛ tsp
Urad dhal - ⅛ tsp
Red chili - 1
Curry leaves - 1 string or as required
- Boil cauliflower florets in water with turmeric powder & salt for few minutes
- When half cooked, drain the water & keep the cauliflower aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add seasoning ingredients as listed, let it splutter.
- Add Onions & Green chilies, saute till onion turns glossy.
- Then add ginger garlic paste & saute untill raw smell disappear.
- Add half cooked cauliflower florets, mix well & add ¼ cup of water.
- Cover the pan & cook in low heat till water evaporates.
- Stir in between. Adjust salt to taste.
- Finally add pepper powder & mix gently with out breaking the floret.
- After 3 minutes, turn off the heat, garnish with cilantro & serve hot.