Large Onion - 2(thinly sliced)
Rice flour - 2 tbsp
Gram flour - ½ cup
Baking soda - A Pinch
Fennel seed powder - ½ tsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp or to taste
Green chili - 1 (chopped) optional
Cashews - As required (optional)
Salt - To taste
Curry leaves - As required
Orange food color - A pinch
Oil - To fry
- Mix Gram flour, Rice flour, Baking soda, Chili powder, Cashews, food colour & salt together.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai in medium heat.
- Take small amount of sliced onion and mix with little flour, if needed sprinkle little water ( I never used water).
- Check the oil by dropping little onion mixture in the oil, if it rise immediately without changing colour then oil is ready for frying.
- Deep fry the onion mixture in small batches.
- Enjoy with cup of Tea.
Since onion tends to induce water, no additional water is required. What ever quantity you make, add required amount of sliced onions to the small amount of flour and fry in batches. This will ensure uniform color & crispness to pakoda or else Onion mixture will become watery.