Channa pulav is a healthy & tasty rice, which can be prepared easily in less time that too with addition of mint brings rich aroma to rice..Sure it will be a treat for mint lovers..Here we go for the recipe..
Garbanzo beans/ Kabuli channa - ½ cup ( I used canned beans)
Long grain rice / Basmati rice - 1 cup
Onion - 2~3 (chopped)
Water - 2cups
Salt - To taste
Mint leaves - 1 cup
Ginger - 1'inch
Garlic - 6 pods
Green chilies - 5 or to taste
Grated coconut - ½ cup
Oil - 2 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Fennel seeds - ½tsp
- Soak channa, for 8 hrs or for whole night, Wash & drain.
- Wash & Soak rice for 20 minutes, drain & keep it aside.
- Grind the grinding ingredients into fine paste.
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a pressure pan, fry soaked rice for few seconds & keep it aside.
- In same pan, add oil, after a minute add fennel seeds, let it splutter.
- Add chopped onions and saute till it turns light brown colour.
- Now add the ground paste and fry on a low fire till the raw smell disappear or oil leaves the mixture.
- Now add fried rice, channa and salt along with 2 cups of water.
- Mix well & adjust salt to taste.
- When mixture boils vigorously, cover with lid & reduce the heat to low and keep the weight.
- Cook for another 10 minutes & turn off the heat.
- After 10 minutes, remove the lid & mix gently with fork and serve hot with any raitha.