This morning I realized it would mark a milestone in my blogging journey... YES.. Its My 100th post. I am grateful to my friends, fellow bloggers & well wishers, who encouraged & supported with their comments and special thanks to my Hubby Who stand behind me & motivated me to start this blog and made me sustain this long.. To celebrate, I thought to treat you all with Malpuva with Rabri.... I got this successful recipe from my friend Magesh (Head Cook of Sai Caterings).
Dear Friends try & enjoy this recipe...Apart Short intro about Malpuva..
Milk based Shallow fried Indian sweet pancake is popular in North India as MALPUVA and served during festival times along with other sweets and very popular during Holi festival. Many variation uses some or all ingredients like ripe banana, coconut , Somalina, Maida etc But traditionally malpuva are made only with thickened milk and with little flour.
These pancakes are prepared in hot oil with crisper edge & immersed in thick sugar syrup. Rich when Serve with chilled rabri..
Milk - 8 cups
Khoya/ Mawa - ½ cup
All purpose flour / Maida - 3 ~ 5 tbsp
Rice flour - 1 tsp (optional)
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Fennel seed powder - 1 tsp
Salt - A pinch
For Sugar syrup:
Sugar - 2cups
Water - 11/2cup
Pistachios, chopped - 20 nos for garnishing.
- Mix water & sugar together in a pan and bring it to boil.
- Add Saffron strands or food colour at this stage & boil till syrup form One-string consistency.
- If we take sugar syrup & drop on a plate, it will stand like a pearl, it should not run.At this stage remove the syrup from heat & keep it aside.
- Grate mawa and keep it aside.
- Heat milk in heavy bottom pan, When it starts boiling reduce the heat & stir continuously till it reaches thick coating consistency approximately to 1cup.
- Add mawa to reduced milk & mix well & turn off the heat.
- When milk mixture cools down to room temperature, Add rest of malpuva ingredient & mix well to bring the mixture to dosa batter consistency( If required add little milk.)
- Heat sufficient oil in a wide mouthed flat bottomed pan, Pour a ladle full of batter to form a pancake and cook on low to medium heat.
- Fry both side till it turns to golden brown color or till done, Remove & drain the oil and then immerse in the sugar syrup.
- Soak it for a minute. Remove & transfer to serving bowl. Garnish with pistachios.
- Serve hot or chill with Rabri.
(Note: You can use Condensed milk or Evaporated milk. If you are using condensed milk, Avoid adding sugar to the batter and follow the same.For Evaporated milk, use one cup milk & continue the same).
Sending this to Aipi and Priya's "Bookmarked Recipes event"