Wheat flour - 1 cup
Grated coconut - ½ cup
Sugar - 1 cup or to taste
Cardamon powder - ¼tsp
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Nuts - As required (optional)
Water - ¼ cup or as required
Salt - ¼ tsp or to taste
- Mix Salt & warm water together & until salt completely dissolves in water.
- Sprinkle salt water little by little to the wheat flour & make into a scrambled form and wet enough for steaming. i.e. you should not change the flour to dough.
- Transfer the puttu mixture & grated coconut to the damp cloth together and steam in idly cooker for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat allow it cool.
- Transfer the puttu mixture to wide pan and break the lumps in to fine powder.
- Add ghee & cardamon powder to the puttu mixture & mix well.
- Finally add required sugar & nuts and mix well. Serve hot...