Rava - 1 cup
Moong Dhal - ½ cup
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
water - 1cup + 1 ½ cup ~ 2 cups
Salt - to taste
Fried broken Cashew - As required for garnishing.
Oil - 3 tbsp + 1 tsp of Ghee
Cumin / Jeera - 1 tsp
Whole Pepper or crushed pepper - 1 tsp or ½ tsp/ to taste
Garlic - 2 tsp( minced) or to taste
Hing - ¼ tsp
Curry leaves - As required
- Pressure cook moong dhal with 1 cup of water for 1 whistle.
- Remove from heat & allow to cool.
- Once pressure drops, drain the moong dhal & keep the water aside.
- In a pan, Heat oil & add seasoning ingredients as listed.
- Then add cooked moong dhal & 2 cups of water ( you can include drained moong dhal water + normal water).
- Add salt to taste & turmeric powder.
- When water starts to boil, add rawa little by little & stirring continuously without forming lumps.
- Lower the heat & cook it for another 5 ~ 10 minutes. Stir in between.
- Finally add Ghee & mix well, Garnish with broken cashews & serve hot...
You can also use wheat rawa/ Cracked wheat. Follow the same method instead increase water amount 21/2 cups ~ 3 cups & cook til it done.