This is lovely aromatic recipe which I have adopted from SUJA SUGATHAN 's "Kitchen corner blog". I tried it for first time & it turned out very well and every one in my home enjoyed it. Thanks Suja for this yummy recipe..
Chicken - 1lb / 500gms ( preferably boneless chicken, but I used mixed one)
Onion - 1 (medium, chopped)
Ginger - 3tbsp ( minced)
Red chili powder - ½ tsp or to taste
Mint leaves - As required.
Salt - to taste
Turmeric powder - ½tsp
Chili powder - 11/2 tsp or to taste
Corainder powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - ½ tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Fennel seeds / powder - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 string
- Clean & wash chicken. Cut it into desired size.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with above masala & rest it for minimum ½ hour.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and then add marinated chicken pieces along with mint leaves.
- Cover the pan & cook in low heat. Stir in between until water dries out. ( usually chicken used to shed water while cooking & there is no need to add extra water.)
- Meanwhile heat 1tsp oil in a pan & add seasoning ingredients as listed then add chopped onion, minced ginger & fry till it turns golden brown color then add red chili powder & required salt ( be careful with salt & remember marinate masala also have salt in it). Saute it for 2 minute or until raw smell disappear.
- Add this mixture to cooked chicken & mix well.
- Saute it for 3~4 minutes til masala blend with chicken.
- Adjust salt to taste. If required drizzle some oil.
- Serve hot...