This is my last post in blogging marathon & I am totally going to miss you all guys. Today I going to present from other cuisine, so I took this recipe from American cuisine & it turned out very well..
I have found the chocolate cake and the frosting recipes on the back of the Hershey's cocoa canister. In fact I made it for first time for my friend Savitha's Anniversary, It is sooo easy, delicious, super moist and even more yumilicious!! than what i thought. I super duper hit & every one loves it... I have made some varietion in frosting recipes from original one & turned perfect for the cake. All of you try it & sure will become "go-to" chocolate recipe....NJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!
- All purpose flour / Maida - 1 ¾cup
- Unsweetened cocoa - ¾cup
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Baking powder - 1 ½ tsp
- Baking soda - 1 ½ tsp
- Salt - 1tsp
- Vegetable oil - ½ cup ( I used sunflower oil)
- Boiling water - 1 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
- Eggs - 2
- Butter - 3 stick or 1 ½ cup
- Whip cream - ¼ cup
- Baking semisweetened bars - 6oz ( I used baker's brand)
- Vanilla extract - 2 tbsp
- Powdered Sugar - 8 cup
For Chocolate cake
- Heat Oven for 350F. Meanwhile Grease & line two 9" round baking tray with parchment paper and keep it ready.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in large bowl & don't want to sift it but make sure there is no lumps.
- In another bowl, take milk, oil, vanilla extract & eggs.
- Pour this mixture directly to the dry ingredients bowl & mix well using hand or mixer.
- Add boiling water to mixture & stirthe mixture to get thin batter. then pour this batter into prepared tray.
- Bake it for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool for 10minutes.
- Transfer it to wire rack & remove the parchment paper and cool completely.
- Do not wrap or putting cake into the fridge before cooling!!
If you are baking in three 9" pan than start checking it from 25 minutes.
For Chocolate frosting:
- Heat water in a pan & take 6oz chocolate bars of same size in a bowl or any vessel that fit the pan with water where chocolate melts gently & in directly.
- Stir continuously & when all chocolate melts, take it out from the bottom pan & allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, take butter & beat it until no more lumps & become creamy..
- Add vanilla extract & mix it for few seconds .
- Add whip cream & beat till it become creamy.
- Then add melted chocolate to the creamy butter & beat well.
- At this stage add powdered sugar slowly to incorporate with the butter. This stage needs some time & cant be rushed. you can add extra milk to bring the frosting cream to required consistency.
- Once done seal it with cover & refrigerate for ½ hour.
Decorating the cake:
Level the cake by cutting or trim off the raised center postion by using knife or a cake levelers. This will give a cake beautiful finish.
- Place one layer of the cake on the board or on a plate & fill top portion with the chocolate frosting icing & spread evenly.
- Place the next layer on the top of it & make sure it is level side down, so the top of the cake is perfectly smooth & level.
- Place a large amount of thin consistency icing on the center of the cake top & spread across the top, pushing towards edges.
- Cover the sides with icing & smooth the sides with help of the spatula.
- Smooth the top edges with the spatula from the rim of the cake to the center. remove excess icing.
- Decorate with your own designs & pattern and refrigerate for an hour to set the icing.
- I have simply topped the cake with Hershey's chocolate syrup
Check out my blogger marathon buddies , Sri valli, Azeema , Bhagi , Champa , Gayathri Anand , Gayathri Kumar , Harini , Jay , Meena , Minu , Padma, Pavani , PJ, Priya Mahadevan, Priya Suresh, Priya Vasu ,Rujuta, SantosBangar , Savitha, Shanavi, Smitha, Sowmya, Suma, Usha, Veena,
Sending this to Aipi and Priya's Bookmarked recipes event