This is my First marathon, I am participating after starting my blog, I am really excited to to be in Srivalli's 7- day marathon!! where she has hosting the marathon with 7 lovely themes for 7 days. Being in final trimester, I found very difficult to join in one month marathon, but Srivalli 's 7 days marathon boosted my energy level to be along with 25 fellow bloggers. Where Each participant can choose 7 themes for seven days or one theme for all 7 days. I have chosen special theme that where I going to present 7 different recipe based on the seven themes for 7 days. For sure it gonna to be real virtual treat for all of us.
I want my DAY 1 Marathon should start with sweet suprises to all of my fellow bloggers & to my readers. So I decided to present simple and yummy recipe "Rava Kesari" which will be easiest form of sweet & can be done in few minutes with fewer ingredients.
When ever, I think of rava kesari, my mind & my taste bud directly drives to Saravana bavan Rava kesari ( Sorry for making all of you to drool & reminding it). So I started to do this in my home with same colour & texture along with awesome taste. So try this with same measurement & explore new taste.
Meanwhile don't forget to check my fellow bloggers who also run along with me with delicious recipes...
Azeema, Bhagi, Champa, Gayathri Anand, Gayathri Kumar, Harini, Jay, Meena, Minu, Padma, Pavani, Pj, Priya Mahadevan, Priya suresh, Priya Vasu, Rujuta, Santosh, Savitha, Shanavi, Smitha, Sowmya, Srivalli, Suma, Usha, Veena.
Rawa - 1 cup
Sugar - 2 ~2 ½ cups
Water - 2 ½ - 3cups
Ghee - 5 tbsp or 3tbsp ghee + 2 tbsp oil
Broken Cashew - As required
Raisins - As required
Cardamon Powder - 1 tsp
Food Orange colour - As required
Salt - A pinch
- In a pan or kadai, heat the ghee & fry rawa in low heat until it turns grainy or light golden colour & transfer to other plate or bowl and keep it ready.
- In Same Pan Fry cashews & raisins and keep it aside.
- In same pan add the water & bring it to boil in medium heat. At this stage add food colour & salt to the water.
- Lower the heat & add rawa little by little to avoid lump forming & stir continuously.
- When water absorbed, immediately add the sugar and whisk well.
- Add ghee 2tbsp of ghee & mix well.
- When Ghee separates, Stir in cardamon powder, cashews, raisins & remaining ghee to the kesari.
- Transfer to serving bowl & serve.
(Note: You can add chopped fruits like apple, pomegranate, sweet grapes, Pineapple to this kesari to make it as fruit kesari, Just decrease the sugar amount.)