Banana Blossom / Vazhaipoo - 1 ( cleaned & chopped, Please refere this link for Cleaning procedure. )
Moong Dal - ½ cup
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
Lemon juice - 1 ~2 tbsp depend upon taste.
Coconut flakes -¼ cup
Water - As required
Salt to taste
For Seasoning :
Oil - 1tbsp or required
Mustard seed - ½ tsp
Jeera / Cumin - ¼ tsp
Channa Dal - 1 tsp
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - As required
Ginger - ½ " ( minced)
Green chili - 3 or to taste (minced)
Red chili - 2 or to taste
- Prepare Banana blossom as given in this link and keep it ready.
- Half cook moong dal in a open pan with required water. ( Do not pressure cook, moong dal will become mushy)
- Heat Oil in a Kadai & add mustard seeds, let it splutter and then add seasoning ingredients as listed. Fry it for a minute.
- Add prepared banana blossom to it and saute it for a minute then add turmeric powder and drizzle some water. Cover the lid & cook it for 10 minutes in low flame or until it soft. stir in between.
- Then add half cooked moong dal & grated coconut & stir for a minute.
- Adjust salt to taste & add lemon juice & mix well then turn off the heat.
- Garnish with cilantro & serve hot with white rice with any gravy...