This Eggplant curry is very spicy & unusual one with less ingredients but it requires little more oil. Perfect with Sambar, Rasam & Curd rice. Try & Njoy..
Eggplant - 1 lb or 500g
Turmeric Powder - A pinch
Cilantro - As required(minced)
For Masala powder
Corainder seeds - 150gram or ¾ cup
Peanuts - 150gram or ¾ cup
Red chili - 10 ~ 12 or To taste
Jeera/ Cumin - ½ tsp
Mustard seed - ¼ tsp
Pepper - 4 ~5 no
Fenugreek seed - ¼ tsp
Oil - 5 tbsp
Mustard seed - ½ tsp
Curry leaves - As required.
- Dry roast all grinding ingredients & grind it into coarse powder & keep it aside.
- Cube Eggplant into desired shape.
- Heat Oil in a pan, & add mustard seeds, Let it splutter & then add curry leaves along with the eggplant.
- Saute it in low heat in the oil, until eggplant become soft & allow it to cook in oil itself.
- Add Turmeric powder & masala powder & stir gently to coat masala powder over the eggplant & let it be in low heat for another 7~10mins or until done.
- Stir in between to avoid burning.
- Garnish with Cilantro.
Linking this recipe to Seasoned and Dressed's "Healing foods- Eggplant" started by Siri