This is Easy & Simple soup From my Kitchen which taste good too. Will make you to prepare again & again and even kids will love it. Good remedy for Common Cold & Cough and very good for lactating mothers.
Mutton - 1 lb
Onion - 1( medium, chopped)
Tomato - 1( medium, chopped)
Green Chili - 1( slit into half)
Ginger - 2" piece ( peeled & cleaned)
Garlic - 8~9 pods
Turmeric powder - A pinch
Coriander powder - 3tbsp
Jeera powder - ½tsp
Pepper powder - 2tsp or to taste
Garam Masala - ¾tsp
Mint & Cilantro - As required( minced)
Salt to taste
Water - 3 ~4cups or as required.
Oil - 1tsp
Fennel seed powder - ½tsp or fennel seed - ¼tsp
- Wash & clean mutton pieces, Take mutton & bone pieces in 1:2 ratio i.e mutton bone must be more the mutton flesh. This will give good taste & aroma to our soup.
- Crush Garlic & Ginger Coarsely, no need to grind it & you can also use Ginger garlic paste.
- In a pressure pan add all ingredients expect Pepper, Mint & cilantro leaves and pressure cook it for 3 whistle or till done. We used to get mutton which will cook in 3 whistle itself, so adjust the cooking time according to the mutton you will get in your place.
- Open the lid after pressure settles & allow it to boil in low heat for 15minutes.
- Add pepper powder & mint and cilantro leaves. Mean while Heat oil in a pan & add Fennel seed powder Saute it for 30 seconds & add to mutton soup.
- Adjust Salt & Pepper to taste.