Set dosai are softer & spongy version with simple ingredients. Usually, In restaurant we will get a steak of 2 spongy dosai served with Sagu along with coconut chutney. But when it is homemade you can have extra sponginess. Very apt for takeout during long drive.
Boiled / Idly Rice - 1 cup
Raw Rice - 1 cup
Urad Dal - ½ cup
Fenugreek seed - 1 tsp
Poha / Aval / Rice flakes - ½ cup
Curd - ¼ cup
Salt - To Taste
- Wash & Soak both the rice, Urad dal, Fenugreek seeds for 5~6 hours.
- Mean while Soak Aval / Rice flakes in curd for 30 minutes.
- Grind both rice mixture & Rice flakes mixture separately into fine paste as we do for dosai batter.
- Ferment it for 10~12 hour.
- Mix the batter once it fermented & adjust it to dosai batter consistency.
- Heat doasi tawa or skillet, Pour landelful of battar over it & spread circularly to make thick dosa. No need to spread to much as we do for regular one.
- If need Drizzle little over the edges because this dosai doesn't require any oil.
- Cover with lid & allow it to cook for few seconds, don't flip the dosai to other side.
- Once done, remove & serve with any chutney or vegetable Sagu.
- It taste better once cool down.
Simple Peanut Chutney:
Roasted peanuts - ½ cup
Green chili - 3~4 or to taste
Salt - To taste
Water - As required
Oil - 1tsp
Mustard seeds - ¼tsp
Curry leaves - As required.
- Grind Peanuts, chili, salt with required water into fine paste.
- Season it with Seasoning ingredients.
- Serve with Idli & Dosai.
Linking this to Kurinji's Kathambam aval contest